using a special keyboard in livecode fields (in Windows 7)

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:59:22 EDT 2012

On 03/20/2012 08:48 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Me?? I never replied to this subject.

@Bob: you have never been rude to me; unless, of course, I am so goofy as to
have misunderstood the subtleties of what you are saying . . .  :)

The person who wrote this "Did you fall asleep before you reached the
end of the subject?"

knows very well who they are.

AND . . . between you, me and the rest of the Use-List, I am
sufficiently thick-skinned not to let that
sort of thing really fuss me: but the person who wrote it should no that
I am only partly cretinous,
and that there might have been a perfectly good reason for my question:
which there was.

Just been over to my Mac and managed very successfully to type some
Hindi into a Unicode field,
so suspect this is a Windows 7 thing.

Knowing that Non-Latin keyboards do tend to "screw up" in Windows (faced
this with Vista a while
back), I went through a merry time with my Devawriter; to the extent
that it locks out all
keyboard mappings except the ones I have programmed into the standalone
itself.

J. Landman Gay was writing something that I only saw out of half and eye
that Unicode types
would be happy about whatever is forthcoming in LC 5.5 (personally don't
have the money right now);
so, just maybe, this aspect of things will be sorted out.