Failing to understand the oddities of the "line" chunk

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Mar 20 13:52:04 EDT 2012

And I might add, you may or may not get a trailing CR in a filter result depending on whether or not the whole chunk ended in a CR, regardless of whether or not the filter results CONTAIN the last line with the trailing CR.

I think the overriding principle now is that once a command or function which behaves a certain way is used in people's projects, RunRev is quite reticent to change it, because it *might* break people's code. That is the best argument I know of for leaving things the way they are. I believe that all languages have their odd little ways of doing things. Foxpro sure did! It's up to developers to work around things the way they are. JMHO

Bob