using a special keyboard in livecode fields (in Windows 7)

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 19 18:08:59 EDT 2012

Hi, guys. Here’s another Unicode-related question. How can I use a Unicode keyboard to type in a Livecode field? I’m working with an American Indian language (called Hocąk), and I need to be able to type characters such as š, ǧ and ąą. I can put them into a field with Unicode commands, but when I try and type in a field using the special keyboard (a system-level thing), the keyboard seems to be ignored. Is there some trick to this? Thanks so much.

rand valentine

university of wisconsin-madison