New Xcode 4.3.1

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Mar 19 16:25:45 EDT 2012

On Mar 18, 2012, at 1:29 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 3/18/12 1:13 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>> Also they have basically de-balled two included apps that I depended on -
>> Preview and TextEdit - due to the removal of the Save As feature,
>
> Apparently all apps will follow suit eventually:
> <http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/16334/os-x-lion-where-did-save-as-go/>
>
> One more thing to add to my list.

This is actually a lot uglier when you try to "Save as" a file on a locked volume to another place - you get multiple steps and tirades of dialogs informing you why you can't save the original file (which you weren't trying to do in the first place)…

I'm just waiting for someone to write an OS extension that puts Save As back in the File menu…

:D

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com