Text formatting for a slider

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:09:07 EDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 06:05 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:
> I have a slider in which the showValue is set to true.
>
> Unfortunately, the card background is gray and the black slider value is very difficult to read.
>
> The inspector for the slider does not display an option for the foreground color. Why not?
>
> Using 4W Properties (thank you RIchard) the foreground color is listed as an option (and can be changed there, or from the msg box.)
>
> Why this omission in the Inspector? (LC version 4 AND 5.)

Almost all object have a vast number of options that one can fiddle
around with; the Props Inspector only
displays a subset of them; why? I don't know, but I can hazard a guess:

a Props Inspector that displayed ALL the props of each object might be
so unwieldy as to be virtually unusable.

"Just for fun" . . .

Set up a new stack with a scrollingListField field called "PROPPS"

and try this in the MessageBox:

put the propertyNames into fld "PROPPS"

and "blow your mind" . . .   :)