how to read/write data on Android?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 18 22:49:22 EDT 2012

On 3/18/12 9:22 PM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

>     put ("file:"&  specialFolderPath("engine")&  slash&
> "titleAndUniqueIDindex.txt") into tPath
>     answer "File in engine exists:"&&  there is a file tPath --
> confirms existence

I'm sorry, I told you wrong. I didn't mean to put you through that.
There won't be a file named "file:data/etc". It should have been:

put specialFolderPath("engine") & slash & "titleAndUniqueIDindex.txt
into tPath
answer "File in engine exists:" && there is a file tPath
if there is a file tPath then
   put url ("file:" & tPath into tData
end if

Does that work? If not, I'll try it tomorrow. I haven't actually tried
including a text file with a build, but I've been including sounds using
Copy Files and they're found okay with the above path. I also write text
files to the documents folder and retrieve them with that path, and that
works too.

Sorry again, you're probably pretty frustrated by now.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com