New Xcode 4.3.1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:10:42 EDT 2012

On 03/18/2012 09:51 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> I just don't think making it "goof-proof" for the lowest common denominator
> at the expense of obliterating time proven methods that worked for the
> experienced the last 30 years is progress. It will just make them more
> dependent. Was this stuff really that broken? Maybe there should be a
> "Dumbass" option, like the kiosk mode.  Do it in the browser, but leave my
> OS alone.

I have, mainly due to lack of money, moved towards Linux and away from
Macintosh, although
my main programming work occurs on a Mac PPC.

What I see is that both Mac and Microsoft are going for more and more
restrictive stuff
on the basis of "goof-proofing" everything. This should not surprise us,
as this is also the
approach of the British government; over-regulation on the theory that
people need protecting
(mainly from themselves).

Ubuntu seems to be going the same way.

I suppose, in due course, we will end up with a separation of species:

1.  The Eloi machines for mind-dumbing content delivery and control.

2.  The Morlock machines for heavy programming.