New Xcode 4.3.1

Richard MacLemale richard at richardmac.com
Sun Mar 18 09:25:52 EDT 2012

In the locked down Apple future, companies who do what those folks did might find themselves locked outside the building.  Mountain Lion isn't in beta, though... the current release is Developer Preview 2.  Beta comes next.  And there can be big differences between developer preview and beta.

I keep Macs running for a living (client and server) and historically you don't want to move to anything until at LEAST the dot dot 3 release.  Or in the case of OS X Server, the dot dot 5 release.  :)  Apple messed everything up now, though, because 10.8 Server will be out before 10.7.5 ever hits.  Jacque, I had to move to 10.7 before I wanted to also.  As you know, the biggest issue is that it breaks all the old apps like AppleWorks, etc.  The other big issue for me is that the Color Vampire had his way with the Finder...  The entire left hand Finder column is void of real color.  Whoever made that decision at Apple should have been fired on the spot.