Exporting a snapshot directly to Preview

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Mar 12 18:00:43 EDT 2012

Hi Jim:

Here's an example for OS X:

on mouseUp
   put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/exported.png" into theFilePath
   export snapshot from img 1 to file theFilePath as PNG
   launch theFilePath with "/Applications/Preview.app"
end mouseUp

You can choose whatever image format you need, and you should probably make
the script more robust by checking for the existence/path of the Preview
app, confirm overwriting of the exported file, etc.

For Windows, you might be able to use MS Paint but I haven't tested this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director