HELP! - Linefeeds and Mac Vs Windows

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Mar 12 16:45:18 EDT 2012

On 11.03.2012 at 20:09 Uhr -0700 RevList apparently wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions.  In fact, I use Notepad Plus and it was
>opening the original one saved by using file:  and it looked fine.
>Perl just didn't like it.
>I switched now to binfile: to save the file and NotePad still sucks,
>but at least my perl script is now working.
>Thanks again for the support this group offers in such a timely manner.

Mac files normally have cr not lf as linend, hence NotePad does not
see them. Simply saving as binfile probably creates file with lf
only. You can use BBEdit or TextWrangler to change these before
resaving the file. Setting crlf in Rev is possible but a tad tricky.
That was discussed in the past on the list, so archive search should
bring that back.

Robert