What is wrong with this ?

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Mon Mar 12 13:56:15 EDT 2012

On 12/03/2012 17:34, Klaus on-rev wrote:
>     ## An unfortunately undocumented "feature":
>      libUrlSetSSLVerification false

Uh...doesn't that turn off SSL certificate validation?  As in: "we don't
really know if we're talking to the people we think we are"?

I once saw a beginner write a c program like this:

#include <stdio.h>
main(){
/*
   int badcode; / broken comment
   for(int i=......blah) {
     blah(broken code;
   }
*/
}

She wondered why it didn't do anything.  When I told her to remove the
"/* */" comment symbols, she replied "But then it doesn't compile."

Turning off SSL Certificate Validation sounds an awful lot like "it
doesn't compile".

-Ken