HELP! - Linefeeds and Mac Vs Windows

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Sun Mar 11 19:56:40 EDT 2012

Bjoernke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com> on March 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM -0700 wrote:
>you probably need to use "binfile:" instead of "file:" when you're saving.  Because when you use "file:", all line endings will be converted to whatever the current platform default line endings
>are. If you do use binfile, beware that you also need to do mactoiso or isotomac depending on what you do with the text and where it's saved.
This does not appear to make any difference at all.  I used binfile instead of file: and got the same results.
I am not sure mactoiso would make any difference as all as all of the characters are below ASCII 128 so the mactoiso would do nothing.

No matter what I do, when I create the text file on a Mac and view it in Windows, there are no line breaks wherever there was a return.
Any other ideas?  Anyone?

Stewart Lynch
CreaTECH Solutions
slynch at CreaTECHSol.com
604.484.8499
Skype:StewartLynch

There are only 10 kinds of people.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.