A little help with the foundChunk

Timothy Miller gandalf at DOCTORTIMOTHYMILLER.COM
Sat Mar 10 20:19:03 EST 2012

So I've got a list of foundChunks in the form --

"char 10 to 16 of field 1 of card ID 1586"

How do I convert them to the form --

"word 3 to 4 of field 1 of card ID 1586"

I want to do that, because I want to include the next word in each foundChunk by adding 1 to word 4 of each line.

Alternately, is there a simple way to write the "find" command so I end up with a list of found words in the desired format, instead of a list of found chars?

I don't need a working script, just a hint or two.

Thanks again. Not so many amateurs and newbies here anymore, mostly pros. Hope not to be a pest.

Tim