[WOT] Warning - long winded discussion - was Re: Apple iPad announcement evokes yawn

Richard MacLemale richard at richardmac.com
Fri Mar 9 06:28:37 EST 2012

When you see a 169 number, it's not being issued by DHCP - it's being issued by the Mac itself, because DHCP would not give it a number.  If you're getting DHCP from one of the AirPort Expresses, then you'd want to use Airport Utility App (free download from Apple) to go in and increase the range of numbers that the device is issuing.  Right now it might say something like:
10.1.1.1 to 10.1.1.10.  And you'd change it to 10.1.1.1 to 10.1.1.200.  Then you won't run out of numbers.

---
Richard MacLemale
Music = http://www.richardmac.com
Programming = http://www.macandchee.se