[Now Seriously OT] Re: Apple iPad announcement evokes yawn

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:32:54 EST 2012

On 9 Mar 2012, at 14:43, Ken Corey wrote:

> That's 1.45 x 4.54 (to convert to gallons) x 1.57 ( from xe.com, to convert to dollars) = $10.33 per gallon, and my car holds about 18 gallons.

Gallons are the exeception that proves the rule that everything is bigger in America. A  Gallon is a mere 4/5ths of an Imperial gallon. The culprit is not in fact the gallon that is still 8 pints. It is the pint which is only 16 fluid ounces where as an Imperial pint  is a full 20 fluid ounces.

Regards

Peter