Strange Rev 3.5 problem

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 8 21:35:07 EST 2012

I'm recompiling an old program with a few minor mods, and now I'm getting
the following error on a line in my first handler that merely says "local
s":

stack "main": compilation error at line 139 (local: name shadows another
variable or constant) near "s", char 3

If I change "s" to some other variable, that error goes away, but appears on
the next handler (of many) that says "local s" in it. Nowhere do I have a
global variable or constant called "s". The Message Box global variables
doesn't show anything called "s". None of the other fileds or controls have
anything called "s" that I can find. The dictionary doesn't show anything
built-in called "s". What's the big deal about "s" all of a sudden?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com