[WOT] Warning - long winded discussion - was Re: Apple iPad announcement evokes yawn

Richard MacLemale richard at richardmac.com
Thu Mar 8 19:58:19 EST 2012

I'v tried out Lion Server and Mountain Lion (10.8) Server.  But I'm under NDA for 10.8 Server.  I can say that in my District we're skipping 10.7 Server and will be deploying 10.8 Server.  I can also say that for schools using Workgroup Manager for clients, they'll want to keep a 10.6 Server to manage 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6 clients, and then a 10.8 Server to manage 10.7, 10.8, and the iOS devices.

But that's not my biggest pet peeve with Apple.  My biggest pet peeve is that the Color Vampire attacked the side bar in the Finder in 10.7.  Seriously, they removed all of the color from the sidebar.  What moron came up with that brilliant idea?  Are we Goth now or something?  OS X - Goth Edition.

---
Richard MacLemale
Music = http://www.richardmac.com
Programming = http://www.macandchee.se