Sqlite and performances in LiveCode

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 7 23:19:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:

> I emailed sqlitemanager support re the manage/sql tab performance
> difference. Mystery solved by the reply:
>
> "In the Manage panel when you see SELECT * FROM table the real query
> executed is SELECT rowid FROM table and then a SELECT * FROM table WHERE
> rowid=N is execute for each visible row of the listbox. In the SQL panel
> query executed is just what you type"

Thanks for following up on that Pete.

Jérôme - you might try something like this in LiveCode. If you set up the
data grid like the example stack then you would call "SELECT rowid FROM
table" to get the number of records and a list of ids. Then in
GetDataForLine you would execute "SELECT * FROM table WHERE
rowid=N" to fill in the row data that is being displayed.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems