Apple iPad announcement evokes yawn

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 17:23:15 EST 2012

It was already three sizes, now it's four. If you read some of the "iPad 3" topic you'll see we've been theorizing about what LiveCode will do in handling the new iPad Retina display. If you yourself did nothing to try and support Retina, then your iPad sized app should scale up seamlessly to the larger size without needing to show a 2X button. The problem case would be if you have asked for the Retina display (with "iphoneUseDeviceResolution true"), there's a chance that you'll be greeted with a 2048x1536 sized card window.