[ANN] Data Grid Helper 1.6
zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:44:12 CST 2012
Dear LiveCode & DGH Users,
A new update for DGH is available.
Here is a list of the features, changes and fixes for this new version.
1. New column properties relatives to the datagrid's Template Field
Editor properties, are supported:
- Text selection: if true, selects all text in the field editor when
the cell is edited.
- Text displayed: can be one of the following values: text, htmltext,
rtftext, unicodetext or utf8text
- Text edited: supports the same values than the text displayed property
- Default Edited value: when an empty cell is edited, sets the cell
content to a default value.
All this properties are grouped in a new "Cell content" topic.
For using these properties, the installation of a DGH's custom script
Once this custom script installed, the properties are also settable by
code for each column, using a new DGH property: dgh_ColumnCellContent.
A Lesson will follow soon, for explaining in detail how to use this
new property in your projects.
2. New scripts for the DGH's script installer:
- Column Encoding Behavior: this script is an alternative to the
addition of a custom cell content script in all the columns of a
datagrid, if you have the need to encode all the columns of a datagrid
in a format such as utf-8 or unicode.
- Column Label Unicode Encoding: changes the dgLabel property of the
datagrid's default header behavior, for supporting unicode chars in
3. Datagrid TMPL manager
This new DGH's tool, allows:
- check the existence of a template for a datagrid.
- creation of a new template in the datagrid template substack or
creation of a template substack it if this substack is missing.
- selection of a row template group for the datagrid.
This is the DGH's answer for users experiencing problems with orphan
datagrids (an orphan datagrid is a datagrid which lost its link with
the template group). This behavior can for example, occurring after
have done a copy/paste of a datagrid, then have deleted the original
datagrid and at last have confirmed the deletion of its record
- The DGH's column builder preview, supports now unicode
- The DGH's column label value, supports now unicode
- Column builder: the column properties and the delete column button
are now disabled when the column builder preview not contains column.
- Column builder: addition of a special color for invisible selected
column in the column builder preview
- When opened, the property editor window (style, behavior, margins,
template), follows now the moves of the DGH's properties palette
- Datagrid table: a datagrid with a missing template is now treated as
a datagrid with an empty template. Creation of column still possible,
but some actions such as editing a column template, are forbidden.
- DGH's column builder: formatting cell script and script for simple
fields have been improved.
- DGH no longer complaining, during the edition of a datagrid with a
- DGH no longer making visible, invisible columns when the name or the
alignment of a column was edited with the "Always hide invisibles
columns" option off.
If you have not tried DGH yet, a trial version free for 30 days can be
You can also reach the Data Grid Helper plugin on the LiveCode Marketplace:
DGH is also part of the OmegaBundle limited time offer:
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
More information about the use-livecode