Font of menu on the Mac?

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Tue Mar 6 08:39:13 EST 2012

Hi All,

I have an oddball problem.

I'm using a custom font to display cursive english writing.  This uses
unicode characters, and non-standard glyphs (e.g. the left square
bracket character U005B is a character to join between letters, not a
bracket).

I would like to write a little tool to let me easily compare joins
between letters.

I thought of three letters in a label like this:
   left-letter join-letter right-letter

To control this just needs 3 option menus, which when selected updates
the label...

So I set the option buttons, and with the help of this brilliantly
written article:
http://livecode.byu.edu/unicode/unicodeInRev.php
Have the correct letters showing in my option buttons (mostly).

However, on the Mac, when I do a pull down, it reverts to the system
font, which shows "incorrect" characters (for my purposes).

Is there a way to control the font of menus on the Mac?

-Ken