Changing mobile horses in midstream?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 14:47:44 EST 2012

What if an app were being used on a Desktop computer with two Monitors and one of the stacks was moved from one of the monitors over to the other and it was a different size? This whole topic is most confusing I'm sure and I suspect that merely using resizable windows might allow this to be handled most of the time. Personally, I've not confronted this issue with the things I'm building; instead I'm just establishing limits under which my app may be used. Mine are far too large to ever be used with current mobile devices, though I anticipate that one day the users of my stuff will have very large monitors. We're in a state of flux right now whereby we're all struggling to define the nature of the various devices we'll be using one day.

So I think we just need to define the devices and systems upon which our apps will work and leave it to that, and not even try to make one size fits all apps.

Joe Wilkins