Directories on iOS?

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Sun Mar 4 11:35:03 EST 2012

Hi All,

I found a /hugely/ useful error message just now.

My app is called "WriteOn.app", at least for the moment.

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help.

I called 'create folder' with the path to my app on my iPad:
/var/mobile/Applications/706ECCCF-DC1D-42F1-B71E-F3D96610DAEF/WriteOn.app/Downloaded

The error in 'the result' is "can't create that directory". Just lovely.
Might as well put the "engine" light on my iPad. It would tell me as much.

Can anyone shed a tiny bit more light on that error message?
It /shouldn't/ be permissions, because it's within my app's sandbox.
It can't be space, as I've got 2.4GB remaining.
It shouldn't be rights, as the standalone downloads to the iPad just
fine and is attempting to run when this error happens.
I don't have AFAICT any other app using the same signature (but that
shouldn't matter anyway, should it)?

Are there any other reasons why one can't create a folder on iOS from
within LiveCode?

Thanks,

-Ken
kcorey