[iOS] Suspending and quitting

kdjanz kdjanz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:51:14 EST 2012

Couldn't the splash screen have two buttons - New Game and Resume. If there
is saved data from a game in progress the resume is active, but if there is
no information to restore, then you just have the choice of New Game (or
Settings etc).

I don't see the Home button as being "Quit" - nothing in iOS to me is quit -
I'm always just moving on to a different app or different context. Some apps
restore you to exactly where you were, but many games, especially the action
games, start another round. "Resuming" an app is not well defined or fixed
and different apps deal with it differently. As long as their method is
reasonably logical, I don't really mind as long as I don't lose data.

My 2 cents

Kelly