Sqlite and performances in LiveCode

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 21:37:29 EST 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Jérôme Rosat <jrosat at mac.com> wrote:

> Do you have any ideas to improve performance?
>
> If the 'SQLiteManager' you refer to is the same one I use with FireFox, in
my case it only displays 100 records at a time, you have to click the Next
button to see more - so this is a performance trick you can do with LC.
Instead of extracting 150000 records in one go, and displaying it in a
field in one go( which will take a long time) only extract 100 records
(which will take significantly less time) and have a Next button, just like
SQLIte Manager, to retrieve the next 100 records.

If I'm right, the the fact that LC only took 4.4 times longer to display
1500 times more records would suggest that you'll be able to do a lot
better with LC

HTH