[iOS] Suspending and quitting

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Sat Mar 3 18:46:23 EST 2012

On 04/03/2012, at 10:17 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

On 3/3/12 4:40 PM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can't suppress the splash screen.

Yes, sounds that way.

As for the best place to run your code for saving the current state
of the app...I use the shutdown message.

I'm doing that too, but I need a way to know when to reload the saved state. If the user has "quit" by pressing the Home button then I don't want to restore the previous state, I want to start new.

I suspect it's impossible to know.

I don't think you can. My apps use logins and session tokens so if the user 'restarts' the app while the session token is still valid I ask them whether they want to resume or start afresh.

Terry...

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>