unresponsive sequential post requests - libURL problem?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:40:11 EST 2012

I'd go with Andre on this, only try some voodoo too :)

3. try increasing the timeout interval.  I have some code that fires
off hundreds of "load urls" sequentially.  But this is done by using
"send in time" for the "load" (and using callbacks to handle the
returned data).  I figured that smarter people than me have worked on
the messaging machinery inside the engine, so I'd better rely on their
work.  I have the socketTimeoutInterval set to 25000. Since these are
asynchronous calls (i.e. the user is unaware they are going on), the
socketTimeoutInterval can be high without the user knowing anything.