unresponsive sequential post requests - libURL problem?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Mar 1 12:08:26 EST 2012

Folks,

This is from the "wild crazy and potentially stupid ideas" department:

1 - have you tried lowering the timeout interval, this way, your calls
should fail faster and you would be able to recover more easily. Better
retry until it work than to be locked into a timeout loop.

2 - Are you executing these calls in a repeat loop? Are all calls inside a
single handler such as:

on docalls
  put url
  put url
end docalls

if they are all in the body of the same handler sequentially or inside a
repeat loop, would you consider using a recursion with "send .. in time".
In my experience, socket stuff does not like to be inside a loop or
sequential. Sockets love recursion though and they have fun changing
contexts. In RevHTTPd, I had some http code in a loop than would fail every
now and then. I think it was Kee that patched it with an asynchronous model
where calls would trigger callbacks and work like a waterfall. Then it
stopped failing.

Cheers
andre