can the httpproxy setting include a username and password

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jun 25 07:57:28 EDT 2012

On 25/06/2012, at 09:17 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

Thanks Tiemo - so something like...

set the httpHeaders to "Authorization: Basic dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ="
yeah?

Yes looks like

Will this have the same effect as setting the web proxy (and supplying a
username and password) in the proxies tab of the Network preferences panel
on a Mac?

I don't know what effects else the proxy settings on a mac do have, but with
this settings I get with LC thru a proxy with authentication. And LC doesn't
cathches the proxy settings from the machine (at least not on windows), so
you HAVE to set the proxy settings by yourself in LC - as far as I know...

Tiemo

Thanks Tiemo - I'll give it a try.

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Eduction Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne