Standalone won't run

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 25 00:09:22 EDT 2012

Peter Haworth wrote:
> Update to this.  I created the standalone on my Windows computer and
> neither the Mac nor the versionswill run so looks like there's a problem
> with my stack file.  It runs OK in the IDE though.

If the stack file runs okay in the IDE the stack file's fine.

Sounds like a problem transferring from Win to Mac, since Mac us a Unix
which will require an executable bit be set, and Windows has no concept
of an executable bit at all.

Have you tried using chmod on the executable within the bundle, settings
its permissions to 755?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World