MouseWithin

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 23 18:21:03 EDT 2012

Peter Haworth wrote:
> It would appear that a mouseWithin handler can't be used in a behavior
> script?  The mouseWithin message seems to be sent to the button containing
> the behavior script, not the control that references the behavior button.
>
> Am I misunderstanding?  If not, any suggestions for how to overcome this?
>  I am using the mouseWithin message to figure out which line/column of a
> table control the mouse is over so I can build an appropriate tooltip.

The mouseWithin message is a bit of an anomaly among mouse messages so
this comes up from time to time.

Oddly enough, the last time it did was almost exactly a year ago, on
June 24 2011 - here's an explanation of why it's funky and some
alternatives which may be useful:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2011-June/158102.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin