Is there a serious garbage collection problem

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Jun 23 08:27:17 EDT 2012

Hello Richard,

There is no garbage collecting problem in LiveCode 4.5 and 5.0.x. I don't know about 5.5.x yet, but I don't expect it.

There might be some scripts running after you delete a card. To prevent this, lock messages before deleting the card:

lock messages
delete card
unlock messages

This will probably faster than whatever you're doing now.

There are probably reasons why LiveCode goes non-responsive. A possibility might be a problem in a stackResized handler. This consitently locks up LiveCode.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com