The encryption (or is it?) of the saved stand-alone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 22 18:10:09 EDT 2012

On 6/22/12 3:47 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I started removing unused stacks, and the incorrect message on an
> "ask" stack went away.  I've successfully exported.
>
> I can see from an editor that my scripts aren't dumped in plain text .
>
> Is this a one-way process, or is it possible for people to retrieve anything?
>
> If I understand this correctly, the password is to be able to use the
> stack at all.

Not exactly. Passwords do not prohibit the use of a stack or a
standalone, they just disallow viewing the scripts. If you've built a
standalone, then there isn't much a user can inspect under the hood,
scripts or otherwise. If you distribute a password-protected stack, then
anything that doesn't require script access can be viewed or modified if
the user has a copy of the IDE. Basically, if it's a stack, everything
is open except the scripts. Standalones are more locked down and are
pretty much immutable and uninspectable.

If you want to prohibit use without authorization then you need to
implement a registration scheme of some type. There's one such system in
the Rev Store... ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com