Somewhat OT: Windows Phone 8

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jun 21 00:00:26 EDT 2012

On 21/06/2012, at 01:18 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

I never was too crazy on those new magnetic iPad covers. I like mine more:
http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/magfolio-for-ipad2.html

STM Skinny.

And, I don't know if a flex keyboard will work, but this one seems to, so
perhaps MS's will:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/740785012/touchfire-the-screen-top-keyboard-for-ipad

It sits over the screen though.

For mine, the keyboard/cover is the one really good idea that the Surface brings to the tablet space. Apparently the hinge arrangement is flexible enough to allow the cover to be folded to the back of the device, and when in this position the keys are disabled.

Perhaps Apple could counter with an Air with a touch screen and a removable keyboard that could be snapped over the back of the screen when not in use. Add in the ability to run virtualised iOS apps and I'll definitely buy one.

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Eduction Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne