ANN: PreOrder FieldTrip, the Rich Text Editor

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Jun 20 18:10:08 EDT 2012

LiveCode 5.5 offers incredible new text styling features...if only you
had a convenient rich text editor field to drop into your stacks for
desktop and mobile apps and make all those features instantly available,
right?

Help is here! FieldTrip will let your end users easily edit and style
text in word-processor fashion, and all the features are as available
and easy to access on mobile as they are on desktop. With a styling
toolbar similar to your favorite word processor, your users can edit
text conveniently and quickly.

This project is a collaboration between Maarten Koopmans and myself. The
editor will be used in an iOS app right off the bat, so we'll make sure
the Apple store likes it too. What we offer is the chance to easily and
affordably take advantage of all the amazing text editing features of
the new LiveCode on all platforms. What we need is a bit more funding to
beef up the first release!

So to all lively LiveCoders, please catch a great price and support the
effort by preordering this essential editing field; be part of a
momentous occasion, be the very first (besides myself and Maarten) to
try this spiffy new editor, have the coolest apps, and help us make
FieldTrip the very best it can be.

It will be customizable and skinnable for a great look whatever the OS,
with multiple instances, so that you can have one field in your
interface or use several fields as part of a larger content layout. If
you choose, your end users can move and resize fields too. This makes
FieldTrip suitable for a wide range of purposes.

Major text formatting features of LiveCode, including advanced features
introduced in 5.5, will be represented for styling in style. Some of the
capabilities long supported by LiveCode but not quite convenient to
access, such as inserting images and creating hyperlinks, will be easier
than ever. And how about a tab bar? You'll want to use FieldTrip for
your own rich text styling, as well as offering it to your end users!

The more preorders we get, the more features we can include in the first
release. We need at least 50 orders, but we're hoping for a hundred or
more. The special price for ordering now is $20 USD, and there are also
options to pay a higher amount if you'd like to be a hero and help
enrich text in apps all over the LiveCode world. (Of course, those who
give more will have more influence on features.) We're using PayPal for
maximum convenience anywhere in the world.

Along with FieldTrip for rich editing, WordLib 2.0 and WordOut 1.0 will
be on the scene soon with support for LiveCode 5.5's field features, and
will work together smoothly to bring more word processing power than
ever to LiveCode apps on all platforms.

To reserve your copy of FieldTrip, click here:

<http://www.curryk.com/fieldtrip-preorder.html>

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy
(Author of WordLib, WordReport, SpreadLib, etc. ...)