Playing Sounds in iOS

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Wed Jun 20 10:38:58 EDT 2012

Roger,

When using mobilePlaySoundOnChannel, I've always had to build the full path to the file for it to work correctly. So if you've verified that it's copying correctly into the app bundle and, assuming it's not in a sub folder of the bundle, try something like this:

if the environment is "mobile" then
put specialFolderPath("engine") & "/mySnd.wav" into tPath
mobilePlaySoundOnChannel tPath, "current", "now"
else
play "mySnd.wav"
end if

Hopefully that'll work for you. If you have the sound file in a sub folder in the bundle, simply make sure to include that in the path.

Chris Sheffield