jumping among Mainstack and substacks isn't easy

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jun 18 15:03:44 EDT 2012

I'm not entirely sure this is the issue, but let me describe how Livecode interprets your code. When you say "field boy", Livecode translates that to "field "boy" of the current card of the topstack" (others will correct me if I am wrong). LC allows you to do this for the sake of brevity in coding, so you do not have to spell out the full path to every object in order to use it. But it's something you need to keep in mind when you being to navigate to different cards in a script.

If the card you navigate to does not have a field named "boy" when the script executes, you will get this error. Also, you should develop the habit now of putting quotes around your object names, because you may at some point use a reserved word for a field name, and LC will probably not even compile your code at that point.

Bob