Newbie -- files are not showing on my WIN Vista desktop

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Sun Jun 17 04:30:01 EDT 2012

On 17/06/2012 03:09, Mark Rauterkus wrote:
> With LC 5.5, within the application, I save files (LC stacks) but they
> are NOT visible when I surf the computer's hard drive from outside of
> LC.
> Furthermore, when I create a new folder from within LC, even the new
> folders are not visible when I browse the computer from outside of LC.
>
> The LC files are seen by LC itself, but that's it.
>
> There must be some Save As prop that I flipped that made these files
> vanish from the scene?
> Object -->  Stack Inspector -->  Basic Properties has Visible (check)
> and Can't delete (check).
>
> Files do not show in the PCs documents folder, FWIW.

I suspect they're being written to the directory contained in
'defaultFolder'.

Try setting the defaultFolder, writing your files, and see what happens.

    put "Some junk" into tVar
    set the defaultFolder to specialFolderPath("desktop")
    put tVar into URL("file:testing.txt")
    if the result is not empty then
       answer the result
    end if

This /should/ result in the file 'testing.txt' appearing on your
desktop, with "some junk" in it.  If not, it will complain.

-Ken