Seeking a navigation system among 200 individual / card DB for attendance at camp

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:51:25 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Got great advice, but I made some changes.
Made a hidden background field, IndexField that comes to life when a
background button, Index Gift.

on mouseUp
   set the visible of field IndexField to true -- the IndexField is
hidden and on the background
   set lockscreen to true

   -- to Return to the same person we need to know where this starts
   get the long name of this card
   put it into tStartingPoint

   sort cards by field "Card Name" --the indexing field, person name

   put "" into index1

   get the number of cards in this stack
   put it into tRepeats
   Repeat for tRepeats
      global index1
      go to next card
      put (the short name of this card) & ";" && the id of this cd &
return after index1
   end repeat

   sort index1
   put index1 into fld "IndexField"
   put "Cancel" after fld "IndexField"

   --below lines not really needed
   -- put the number of cards in this stack into bg field "Line Count"
--number of cards in stack
   --  put the number of chars in fld "IndexField" into fld
"Characters" --because HC had a 30k char limit
   --  put the number of this card into cardnum
   -- put "Card " & cardnum & " of " & the number of cards in this
stack into bg field "Card Number"
   --  --above lines not really needed

   save this stack
   go to card tStartingPoint
end mouseUp

Below script was put into the background field IndexField, made as scrolling.

on mouseUp
  select last word of the clickText
  put the last word of the clickText into findcd
  go to card id findcd

     --Hide the Navigation IndexField.
   set the visible of field IndexField to false
end mouseUp

Thanks.

I can't get my head around, yet, that repeat to x thingie. Oh well.
Had some weirdness prior. One card would only end up with 2 lines, Others more.
In the other code given from a helper here, there seemed to be two
cards not to be included in the repeat.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach with
Neighborhood Learning Alliance

http://NeighborhoodLearning.org

http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://FixPA.wikia.com