Password protecting a data file... how to cope with forgotten password?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Tue Jun 12 11:41:16 EDT 2012

The application I’m working on needs to store possibly confidential client info on the user’s hard drive. It's asking for an optional password. (The password is optional because it’s up to the user whether they want the extra protection). If they DO input a password, and subsequently forget it, how can I provide a non-internet-based mechanism for retrieving or resetting the password?

I thought I’d ask them to re-authenticate as the current user at the OS level, the way many programs do. How might that be done in LC?

Perhaps there’s another way?

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.
<www.califexsoftware.com>