Stack Versioning (was Converting a Stack etc.)

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jun 7 14:59:32 EDT 2012

Hey, you know what would make this a lot easier? A new property called objectVersion (a number), and a stack property called stackObjects (an array). Each time an object is edited, the objectVersion gets incremented by 1. This way you could simply compare a list of stackObjects with a saved one, and a list of objectVersions with a saved one of that.

Why you say? Why not just loop through all objects in a stack? It's been discussed before and things like Datagrids really throw a wrench in the works. I suppose that would be true of any approach, but these properties could treat all the objects in a Datagrid group as a single object, and not list the individual components. The same could be done with things like background groups.

Even further, a new message called stackUpdate could be sent each time a stack is saved that had objects which were edited, which could be handled to send updates to another developer working on the same stack.

Or maybe I am dreaming I dunno.

Bob