Push notifications on the desktop?
alex at tweedly.net
Wed Jun 6 17:45:14 EDT 2012
If you control the clients (and how they connect to the database), then
(think of it as a chat application :-)
- have each client register with an "update server"
- when a client changes something, it tells the "update server"
- the update server then notifies each client
If you don't have that control, then your best chance is :
- for local subnet - broadcast to *.*.*.255 as Mark S. suggested.
NB this is currently problematic on Mac, but seems to work fine
(sorry, don't know about Linux)
- for general internet - just hope that you control the clients :-)
On 06/06/2012 22:21, Malte Brill wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a system that connects multiple clients to a database. I would like all clients to receive a push notification if one of them alters stuff in the DB. Anyone got an idea how to implement this? (I do have a LC server license, so I could use that if necessary)
> Any pointers / ideas much appreciated!
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
More information about the Use-livecode