Push notifications on the desktop?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jun 6 17:32:47 EDT 2012

Hi Malte,

On a local network, it is easy. Just broadcast on *.*.*.255. If broadcasting somehow doesn't work, then you can just connect to all 255 addresses over UDP. If your system has multiple IP addresses, use netstat or a similar command line utility to get all IP addresses of the local machine. If it is on the www, you need to find a way to hijack a port, but I don't know anyone who has actually done that.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com