Hypercard: the missing link to the web

-=>JB<=- sundown at pacifier.com
Fri Jun 1 08:04:53 EDT 2012

Apple may have done the best thing by both letting hyperCard die and
not allowing it to be open source.  What if they have a program that was
written in hyperCard but they totally rewrote for OS X that is revolutionary
and holding the rights to the pattens and source helped secure pattens
for their new program.  It is possible had they opened up hyperCard like
everyone wanted them to it would infringe on future pattens.  This would
not need to be software for programming like LiveCode and hyperCard.
It could be revolutionary ideas in programming for business & government.

I love hyperCard but it was getting very buggy as the OS advanced.  Steve
Jobs needed to focus on the future and hold on to the rights of the past in
hopes it will help Apple survive and prosper for many years to come.

Steve Jobs had the ability to focus but he also had a vision that he could
see and he needed to stay true to his vision.  He got things done and we
might understand more in the future.  Apple and Steve Jobs keep things
secret and retain pattens and source code for good reasons.

It would take only one revolutionary idea to make it important for Apple
to keep hyperCard with its pattens and source closed.

-=>JB<=-