Hypercard: the missing link to the web

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:38:57 EDT 2012

On 06/01/2012 12:12 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 5/31/12 1:45 PM, Bernard Devlin wrote:
>> I'm not sure they would use Livecode anyway.
>
> I'm not so sure. A large number of the old HC mailing list are here
> now. :)

I started with Hypercard in 1993 when it came bundled on a Mac LC475:

the first time I had seen an object-oriented programming language -
after PASCAL, FORTRAN and BASIC:

Wow! What a breath of fresh air; never looked back . . .

Very cheesed-off in 2001 when I went to Scotland and found that Mac OS X
would not work with Hypercard,
when, Bang! I found Metacard, and, a week later, Runtime Revolution.