making a graphic the shape of a bitmap

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 23:14:19 EDT 2012

Hi Roger,

Roger Eller wrote

> Alejandro also has a few bezier manipulation examples.  Just look for
> filenames beginning with 'bezier'.  All of this work is very useful to us.
>  I wish RunRev would adapt some of this into the drawing tools in the IDE.
> http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/

Many Thanks for using these stacks. I posted this information
in another message, but here could be found faster:

If you import an image into this stack:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/newPentoolScript_v02.zip
then, you could trace a contour of the image.

The graphics created are always yellow. The fix is simple.
Just comment these lines in the card script:

set the filled of geditingGrafic to true
set the backcolor of geditingGrafic to yellow

This particular stack lacks some really important tools,
that are included in this another stack:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/penToolv032g.zip
like: delete/add bezier points, convert point from corner to curve,
editable ovals, rectangles and Round Rectangles, but it's more RELIABLE
for this simple task of tracing the contour of an image.

In a future, I will merge these two stacks:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/newPentoolScript_v02.zip
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/mask_bitmap02.zip
in a single utility stack to mask images inside LiveCode.

Alejandro