Android & URLEncode & libUrlDownloadToFile

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:56:48 EDT 2012

Hello.

On the desktop, this works:

put "http://ID:PWD@url.com/cgi-bin/dog.jpg" into tPath
set the filename of image "img" to tPath

On Android, it does not. Nor does this:

put "http://ID:PWD@url.com/cgi-bin/dog.jpg" into tPath
put urlEncode(tPath) into tPath
set the filename of image "img" to tPath

So... how do I get an Android stack to access online files that are in
a protected directory?

What I'm actually after is more complicated.  Namely, getting my
Android stack to download jpg and mp3 files from a protected directory
on my OnRev account into a directory other than those specified by
specialFolderPath. But, after having tried now for many many hours,
decided instead to break down the larger problem into smaller ones.
For example, the scripts above.

A solution to that smaller problem, or, better yet, to the overall
larger problem, would both be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Cueto