get inline

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jul 24 17:47:08 EDT 2012

Hi Scott,
No drag handlers but I know what's causing the problem although I don't
understand why.

A few months back, there was a thread about how to have a scrolling list
field react to drag and drop AND a normal single click.  The solution was
the following code:

get milliseconds()

set the dragData["text"] to empty

   repeat

      if milliseconds() - it > 200 then

         enableReorder the long ID of me

         exit repeat

      end if

      if mouse(1) is "up" then exit repeat

   end repeat

If the mouse is down for 200 milliseconds, it assumes a drag/drop is in
operation, otherwise it's a normal single click.  You can see I put the
enableReoder call in there when the 200 milliseconds expires.

If I replace the above code with a call to enableReorder, the drag/drop
works just fine. What's puzzling me is why the above code stops the
drag/drop even though my log file shows that enableReoder and all its
associated handlers are executed.

Is it possible that LC goes into its own drag/drop mode when the mouse is
down for some interval of time less than 200 milliseconds?  I need the
ability to recognise a single mouse click as well as a drag/drop.

Thanks,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>