Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sun Jul 22 19:29:26 EDT 2012

Scott, The reason I use tmControls (besides ease of use) is because you have gone through all of the effort in making them Pixel Perfect which is what is needed for iOS as quasi Native Controls and look and feel of iOS native apps. The reason I would want to use Chipp and Ken's (excellent) resize library is for non-quasi-Native Controls -- Both homegrown and Livecode Built-in controls. I don't see the need to merge the two but rather to get them to play together. By placing shared scripts in pre-opencard and openStack along with the needs for different types of commands like accelerated rendering etc. they all need to play well together.

SO I should be able to turn on or off resizing in tmControls when needed (like when using Monte's mergMK mapkit which renders so much faster in non-retina then in retina which then requires me to not use iOS resolution) and then also being able to turn off altuit/sts resize when needed on a per card basis. Also, My biggest problem with John's MobGUI was that it always interfered with libraries I was using which turned out to not be so reliable except for the most basic or simple apps (but it is good for them).

Trying to use Chipp/Ken's library on a tmControl may be overkill and some controls may react very poorly in both speed and pixel placement.

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net