Threading or similar in LiveCode

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 20 18:31:18 EDT 2012

That's similar to what I did  with "taskRunner"

  - a (could be headless) server which would accept commands, including
        -  load stack
        - dispatch command to stack
     and would return the results of those commands
  - a client library to find and send commands to any such servers
available.

I got it working (enough for my needs), but haven't yet made it into an
easy-to-use tool for everyone. Use it almost every day - both for long
running, boring tasks on my space PC and to use the multi-cores in my
macbook for cpu intensive tasks.

Write up and code can be found at    http://www.tweedly.org/taskRunner.lc

-- Alex.